Give Now: Click here to make your one-time or monthly gift online.
We believe in providing the highest level of education, in a peaceful and beautiful environment.
Being a Montessori Charter School we rely on the state for public funding. As a charter school we receive less money per student than traditional public schools. To bridge the financial gap we rely on our families contribution to the Community Investment Program.
What is the Community Investment Program used for?
Mission Montessori Academy is an Excelling and “A” rated charter school. It has served nearly 2,000 students and their families since 2000. Our students have consistently and substantially outperformed other local and state-wide high quality schools. Our Montessori program is a comprehensive educational model that includes educating the whole child beyond the academics.
Our community investment campaign supports our educational model and growth, as follows:
(1) It supports the quality of the Educational Model by adding multiple assistants in each classroom to reduce the student/teacher ratio and allow extended time for individualized instruction.
(2) It supports Extra-Curricular Activities (specials) that are vital for our Montessori whole child educational model.
- Sustainable Systems/Edible Schoolyard and Gardening
- Physical Education
- Global Citizens Program
(3) It allows us to maintain a level of excellence in our faculty and facilities providing our students a higher quality education.
(4) Montessori materials are an integral part of the environment and are the “building blocks” of a Montessori Education.
(5) Tutoring and individualized instruction are an ongoing need for all students.
What Sets Us Apart From Private Schools…
While most Montessori schools around the country are often private schools with high tuitions, our goal is to keep the highest levels of Montessori Education and do it in a way that’s affordable. Through the generosity of those who believe that school can be so much more than text books and timed tests, we are able to create a learning environment that far exceeds the status quo.
With your participation we are able to accomplish extraordinary educational experiences for your children. If all of the above information is important to you and you think it would be the best fit for your child we welcome your contribution.
How You Can Participate…
First we just want to acknowledge that every family has different financial situations. While some families prefer to make a one time contribution, we also have many that choose to make monthly contributions. We ask that all families participate and do whatever works best for them. The gap between what we get from public funding and what a normal public school gets is around $1500 and that’s the amount we ask for from our community. Your contribution makes it possible for us to provide all of the benefits that are no longer available in most public schools.
If you are in a position to give more than the requested $1500 and you would like to become a donor on a higher level, or if you have any questions regarding the Community Investment Program please contact us and see what the possibilities are at this time.
Click here to download the 2015-2016 Community Investment form.