Together We Can Achieve The Extraordinary.
At Mission Montessori we believe that collaboration and cooperation are key factors of a truly great education. Without the support of parents who believe in Montessori education, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do.
There is always something going on at our schools.
From musical performances, to social events, dinners and dances and classroom projects, it wouldn’t all get done without a little help.
Volunteers on the Toddler/ Primary campus find there are varied opportunities for helping.
- Family members can be seen reading stories
- demonstrating dances or songs from their heritage
- working on room celebrations
- presenting masterpiece art lessons
- or taking class pictures.
- Several volunteers work from their home making/preparing classroom materials.
Every family is required to volunteer at least fifteen hours per child– and most find that this is an easy job to do. We understand that not every parent has the time off to be available during class times and if that is the case, a payment of $150 can be made to our programs in lieu of your hours .
Volunteers on the Elementary campus are greatly appreciated, for there are many opportunities for helping.
Everyday you might see a mom, dad, grandparent, aunt or uncle;
- listening to young readers
- working with the children in the garden
- presenting a fine art masterpiece lesson
- or assisting with science projects.
Volunteers are always needed to;
- drive on field trips
- organize room celebrations
- make classroom materials
- and help write grants.
Don’t forget that there are also many fundraising opportunities and events that will need a lot of help and support.
We are a Charter School and being a Charter school allows us to perform like a private school without the extreme costs. Public schools are free, but typically only offer the basics. At Mission you get the best of both worlds, extraordinary education that’s affordable.